Under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new property with under floor heating in the bathroom the tiles are not meeting the floor with various measurements from one inch to nothing. I am being told by the construction company they will be putting plywood on top of the suspended floor to level this tiling discrepancy.
My concerns are how will this affect the heating and if I want to tile the floor is that going to be alright. I am getting the feeling they are resolving this problem by the cheapest easiest route which may not be the right one. I just need advise before I ok them to this please.

Many thanks Linda

Sponsored Links
I have just moved into a new property
Do you mean brand new?
the tiles are not meeting the floor with various measurements from one inch to nothing.
So these are the wall tiles? Why is there so much variation if newly built? Are they talking about overboarding the floor?

Not sure I fully understand what you have described. Any pictures to help explain?

I have just moved into a new property
Do you mean brand new?
the tiles are not meeting the floor with various measurements from one inch to nothing.
So these are the wall tiles? Why is there so much variation if newly built? Are they talking about overboarding the floor?

Not sure I fully understand what you have described. Any pictures to help explain?

The Wall tiles do not meet the floor in various gaps from 1 inch from wall to floor to nothing so yes they are talking about putting plywood over the suspended floor which is over underfloor heating? Would it be better to just have that floor tiled with grouting to level it up to the wall tiles so I do not have this variation of gaps around the bottom of the walls. Yes this is a brand new conversion of a beautifull old building parts are superb but this is just awafull they started off saying they would fill with mastic nearly had a fit over that solution!!

Sponsored Links
The usual on here is 'can you post a picture'
What is the floor, that has been laid over the ufh?
Is the ufh electric or wet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back