Underfloor heating actuators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do underfloor heating actuators work of 240 volts.
I can't understand if I incorporate an under floor heating system to a S plan system how the boiler gets a demand if one of the zones on the under floor heating system is required to heat?
I am tempted to just use a zone valve/standard pump/ thermostatic mixer and u/floor heating manifold?
Any input would be greatful?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can get 240v ones, but there are also elv ones available.
The price is similar so if you're integrating with an LV mains system just pick out the mains ones.
Normal zone valves would work they're just more bulky and use slightly more energy. Also they cost more upfront.

But they are only 2 core?
So if I get a demand from the room stat to the valve it will open... but how will the boiler receive a switch live?

Sponsored Links
I wasn't planning on using an underfloor heating wiring centre? I take it they incorporate pcb inside them.
Thanks for the recommendation on the 4 wire 240 actuators.
The only thing I can't understand now is with the switch live coming out of the ufh actuator - this will go to the boiler but will also have to go to the ufh pump. The only problem is that when you turn on hw or radiator heating it will activate the ufh pump.
The only thing I can think of is having the ufh pump live straight from the ufh room thermostat demand ?
So you will have a few seconds of ufh pump running before the actuator opens?

Oh yeah see what you mean, indeed the ufh valves are so slow to open so maybe the burner already shut down for 10 minutes before it opened!

The official wiring centre or a stand alone zone valve would be required as you mention. Sorry I can't make any more input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back