Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wondering if anyone can help

we have 11 zones of under floor heating which are linked to 3 separate
thermostats.

the plumber is different to whoever laid the underfloor so he can’t figure out which actuator / wire links to which thermostat so at the moment each thermostat heats up the wrong zone.

is there any way of fixing it?

I can only think of asking him to use a process of eliminating by wiring up 1 actuator to 1 thermostat and once we know where it heats up; link it to the correct thermostat with correct labelling.

Is this the only way to sort out the messy wiring?

luckily all zones fully work, albeit wired incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
Do a continuity test from stats wiring to actuators confirm which one is which

Do a continuity test from stats wiring to actuators confirm which one is which

thanks a lot for replying. All wiring works so I don’t think the test would pick up anything. We need to line up the correct actuator to the correct thermostat, all are working.

thanks a lot for replying. All wiring works so I don’t think the test would pick up anything. We need to line up the correct actuator to the correct thermostat, all are working.

sorry this is confusing, how would it pick up which actuator should be linked to which thermostat?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Process of elimination, and number them at the same time?

Pull it all out and start again, quickest and easiest way to do it. Is it 240V or 12V actuators? If it's the former then shut everything down and get a AA battery and voltmeter, tape each pair to the battery at the stat end and then test at the manifold end, soon find out which is which.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back