Underfloor heating controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using a Timeguard TPT44: http://www.timeguard.com/pdf/instructions/tpt44.pdf
to control a newly installed heating mat.

The timer has been programmed but the flooring has not heated up.

I have re-tested the heating mat, continuity checks ok. As does the sensor.

The input supply voltage checks ok (1&2), however I can't get anything for the output (3&4) even when using the manual temperature override.

Does the contoller unit need replacing or am I missing somethng obvious?

Anyone any ideas what floor limiter means (p7 manual)?

Sponsored Links
The floor limiter sensor is there to stop the floor temp from exceeding 30deg regardless of the room temp. As far as I know it should be installed within the floor screed/under tiles

Did you fit it?

Thanks, Pensdown. It's the first time the term's used in the instructions.

Yes, the sensor is fitted. And I can get temperature reading from it through the contoller (as per page 8 ).

Don't seem to be able to get power to the mat through the controller?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've just re-read your post and terminal 3 is a link live input not an output. You need to link between 1 & 3 which is the live feed to the room stat.

To measure the output voltage you should test between 2 & 4

To confirm.

Live feed 1
Neutral feed 2
Link 1 & 3
Live to mat 4
Neutral to mat 2
Earth to mat connect to earth in feed cable. You may need a connector block because there is no earth terminal on the controller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back