Problems with Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Can any one help me with this? I have just moved into a new house, where I had Thermolay underfloor heating installed in both the main bathroom and the en-suite.

The control panel is the TPT44. This panel seems to react to the current floor temp probe and adjust its output accordingly ('floor limiter' I believe), although the instruction manual does not mention this specific function as a feature.

I have managed to get the main bathroom system working fine, however the en-suite system seems dodgy. When checking the panel for the current floor temp, it always reads as very high (reflecting the 'floor limiter') and does not remotely reflect the actual temp. I have tried various settings but each time, the alleged current temp reading rises to the maximum dictated by the floor limiter. CLearly, this causes the heat supply to cut off and my floor is no where near the temp intended.

Can anyone shed some light on why this could be happening and how I can go about sorting it? I have visions of having to lift my tiled floor to sort this one and that does not appeal.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
if you have two controllers can you swap them over if all ok on the faulty floor you will know its the controller if its the same it could point to the cabling

Thank you Fireman.

I'll need to find someone to help out with that suggestion as the bloke who fitted the system placed the control panel about 4 inches off the ground (despite instructions stating panel should be at eye level) and at 8 months preggers I might get onto the floor to have a go but I doubt I'd manage to get up again!!!

I'm so hoping it turns out to be a calibration error rather than anything major.

Thank you once again for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back