Underfloor heating for extension and existing house

What is a handsome attack?

I've had several anger attacks as I am in the office doing end of calender year paper work and have just found out how many customers have been sending payments for subtotals instead of totals.

FFS. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I knew a controls engineer who insisted the boiler be at least 30% oversized on big ufh jobs. If not he just walked away.
Though most plumbers usually listened to him.
That way there was few complaints coming back to him about the property taking ages to heat.

That's common place for M&E consultants & CEs on commercial jobs. Give them their head & they'll have cable trays crossing the kitchen ceiling on a 2 Bed semi!!!

I knew a controls engineer who insisted the boiler be at least 30% oversized on big ufh jobs. If not he just walked away.
Though most plumbers usually listened to him.
That way there was few complaints coming back to him about the property taking ages to heat.

Well I'm a Plumber & never agreed with a M&E engineer in my puff!! One struggled to understand how UFH was based on radiant heating & he worked for one of the biggest firms in the UK.

Tell me about it.

Serviced a boiler in the house of a customer.

This house is next to their new house.

Roughly the same size - albeit the new house has a swimming pool.

Boiler in old house - 42kW CDi FS.

Boiler in new house - 140kW Atag Q :eek:

Flecking huge 3 phase booster set.

God bless consultants. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Tell me about it.

Serviced a boiler in the house of a customer.

This house is next to their new house.

Roughly the same size - albeit the new house has a swimming pool.

Boiler in old house - 42kW CDi FS.

Boiler in new house - 140kW Atag Q :eek:

Flecking huge 3 phase booster set.

God bless consultants. :mrgreen:

Pffffftttttt!!.......I know Dan, all that hassle & 20 Hansome Attacks a day, life couldn't get much worse!!
What is a Hansome attack??

The kind of person that thinks a 5 bed house needs this lot:

Is needed in a 5 bed house. :D. Shame I don't have any shots of the booster set. But it is something daft like 80l/min at 4 bar on a 1000 litre cistern fed from a 32mm supply. 0 Bar left in the main when the tank is drawn right down. Peak demand will drain it in 15 minutes or less :LOL:

I did this for a bloke with ufh and it took three days to get the home up to temp.

:LOL: :LOL:

Only problem was I set the stat a wee bit high and nearly roasted the slabs. Silly me.

Dan

Sorry to ask this but as a lay person pls explain why a 5 bed house would not need that type of setup. Am I thinking that all those valves can control separate areas of the heatinting in that 5 bed house? Surely that's a good thing. How would you do not differently?

It doesn't need it at all really. That is the problem with M&E. Knowitalls.

Boiler is nearly twice the output required.

One pump (out of sight to the left of the 2) handles the pool plant. . The middle pump (the left one that you see) pumps to the underfloor heating manifolds (which have their own pumps).

The pump on the right drives the hot water cylinder in the other picture which is sited on the plant room's lower floor.

Out of shot is another ridiculously oversized pump for the secondary return.

This afternoon's project is to continue to lace up the control panel that smashed with the help of another forum member.

Either that or play lego star wars with the dude. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back