Underfloor Heating Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just taken over a new yard and it has a workshop, office etc.

The electrics are a mess, you've never seen anything like it! An example.

Stud wall through one stud a twin and earth which comes out the next stud, but we can't pull it through, we remove the board thats covering the studs and between the two studs is the twin and earth connected to a huge loop of 3 core with three connector blocks, mad thing is that if you removed the loop then there was enough twin and earth to join them together!

Anyhow

The office floor has underfloor heating with two tails appearing, they have the following on them.

Can anyone help with what I will need to get them working again.

EasyHeat Ltd.

Easy Cable 146m

2400w @ 240v
2200w @ 230v

the other

1200w @ 240v
1100w @ 230v

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you need to do some testing to see if it can safely be made live and to see if continuity is still within the UFH system

Yes, I realise that. need to check the resistance. Will do that next time im down there with a meter.

Sponsored Links
The electrics are a mess, you've never seen anything like it! An example.

Stud wall through one stud a twin and earth which comes out the next stud, but we can't pull it through, we remove the board thats covering the studs and between the two studs is the twin and earth connected to a huge loop of 3 core with three connector blocks, mad thing is that if you removed the loop then there was enough twin and earth to join them together!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbHOnHAG-g

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back