Underfloor heating leak, low boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help me with some advice before I call someone out. We have Uponor underfloor heating with a pump upstairs & one downstairs. Each room has a separate thermostat to control heat. We have an oil boiler which keeps dropping pressure but is not locking out. Heating & hot water are working (touch wood!). The upstairs pump I have heard loud clanking noises from & when I look at the pipes as marked on the photo (1) is wet & the other (2) seems to be leaking quite a bit & the carpet is wet so could have been going on a while. Could this be the cause of the low pressure? Does anyone know what this part is & what it does? Thanks

Attachments

• 20210319_232623.jpg
    20210319_232623.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210319_231701.jpg
    20210319_231701.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 101
Sponsored Links
They are automatic air vents and they leak for fun, screw the red caps down to stop them leaking and then get someone in to replace them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back