Underfloor Heating losing pressure - how to isolate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a hydroponic underfloor heating system with three loops which is fed by a combi gas boiler and it keeps losing pressure. I've had one plumber out who was stumped, and I have another booked in to have a look next week. Currently, when the heating is running it needs topping up from the filler loop every couple of hours. I top it up to 1.5 bar or so and then within a couple of hours it will have dropped to 0.3 bar and the boiler will cut out. It stays stable at 0.3 bar, i.e. doesn't drop to 0.

The first plumber checked the PRV and had a tinker with the manifold but couldn't find anything conclusive. When the heating is running it does heat the flat very efficiently. The second plumber who I've had recommended gave me some tests to try over the phone. One thing he recommended was isolating the heating by shutting off valves on the manifold and leave it for a couple of hours to see if the pressure drops.

I just wanted to ask a really noddy question please, do I just need to close the valves highlighted on the attached photo? Many thanks!
IMG_20160223_072611.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back