1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Underfloor Heating Method for Timber Joists??

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by sturharv, 26 Feb 2008.

1. sturharv

sturharv

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know of any underfloor heating manufacturer (or web links) who has a system for timber joists where you sit a galvanised tray between the joist then add the insulation underfloor pipes and then say a 25mm. screed on top. It then all sits flush with the joists and doesnt reduce any ceiling heaight.

I know there are so many methods out there but this is the one I want. But which manufacturer does this method. I'm sure I've seen some details on it in the past ??

Thanks

2. doitall

doitall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This is the Roth product, but the Wirsbo is far better, if you have a BSS near pop in and get the details.

You need to get the insulation tight to the joists and avoid any any gaps where possible. I would recommend an floating wood floor, and not concrete.

[​IMG]

3. Sponsored Links
  4. sturharv

sturharv

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thnaks, I have been in contact with Wirsbo (Uponor) and they say they don't do the system described. This is the tray that sits between the joists that you fill in with inulation and a light screed, it sits flush with the joists. Is that a system you have seen before?

5. doitall

doitall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The system in the picture fits between the joists and is flush with the top edge, the floor is then fitted as per normal, although I prefer sheets and float them.

Roth do an product called "Clima comfort" See www.3rdrockenergy.co.uk for more information.

The insulation goes first and the trays are layed on top, the screed then covers the trays, again an finish floor would be required.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. billy bob

billy bob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have a look at Jupiter Underfloor Heating www.jupiter-system.com their system can be laid between the joists, but you do not need the screed

[/img]

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local