Underfloor heating on an existing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
I am looking to add wet underfloor heating in my bathroom
Actually it’s already piped in ...
I have a towel radiator in there already and I’m looking to run the underfloor pipe dork from that.
The underfloor heating would be controlled by a 2 port manifold and a separate thermostat
In essence it would not come on unless the main heating is on as it is only a top up for when the shower is used or a cold morning when the heating would be in anyway.
It will not be on independently therefore the reason for teeing off the main system but with a 2 port valve.
My question is this
1) would this be ok
2) Do I need a blender really? could I fit a trv and leave it on 3
3) can anyone suggest an appropriate combination of thermostat and 2 port manifold
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It'll be OK but not ideal, as UFH takes longer to heat up, but if it's a retrofit it should work well enough. You do need a blender, to protect the floor, floor covering, and pipework and prevent it overheating. UFH should be run at around 45ºC, your radiators will run at 70-80ºC. TRVs don't limit the water temperature, they limit air temperature. The Heatmiser Neostat is good option, and any single zone manifold kit with a Grundfos pump attached should be reasonable quality

Will I need another pump if it’s running from a combi from the existing system and not independently

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back