Underfloor heating under tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As you know I'm ripping up my current floorboards to replace with 18mm WBP ply and I'm contemplating the underfloor heating to make it a nice warm tile under foot.

Is it expensive? Is it hard to fit? Where would you buy it? Does it cause any problems?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

As you know I'm ripping up my current floorboards to replace with 18mm WBP ply and I'm contemplating the underfloor heating to make it a nice warm tile under foot.

Is it expensive? Is it hard to fit? Where would you buy it? Does it cause any problems?

Thanks
If this is electric, then post this on the electric forum, and if water then on the plumbing forum. You're more likely to get more responses to your question there.

Sponsored Links
Sorry chap.... it was more from a tiling point of view I wanted an opinion on.

Saw your post on electrics. You can buy it from many places (screwfix, Wickes, BQ etc). It's not difficult to install - self adhesive mesh grid onto floor then tile over it as normal with a slightly thicker bed of adhesive to allow for the thickness of the wires.

However, it's best installed by an electrician (quite apart from the legal side of things), who will remove that double socket to somewhere more appropriate at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back