Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Perhaps someone might be able to assist me pls.

I will be putting in underfloor heating in a flat/apartment. The rubble has been cleared from between the joists. Insulation will be put in-between the joists. Then aluminium plates, resting on the joists, but sitting between the joists will be screwed in place. This is where the PEX pipes will lay for the hot water of the underfloor heating to run. Where the aluminium plates are screwed into the joists, an insulation tape (5mm) will be applied.

The questions is this please: What solid underlay should I use before putting in a 15mm engineered click system wood floor??

Being told not to use any form of wood such as ply. It has been suggested that I use a manmade synthetic material. A form of sheet rock so to speak. I was given the name of Kovar or Cabor (not sure of the spelling!!) that come in 18mm thickness, has a low tog and clicks into position. (MDF or sheet rock does not lock int position and thus the risk is that is spreads apart over time.) Apparently it allows the heat to rise and keeps the heat, so after the heating is shut off heat remains under the floor and therefore less energy is used. Has anyone heard of this please? Or a similar material that can be used please?

Many thanks indeed in advance.

Cheers, Frank

Sponsored Links
P5 T &G is fitted by glueing the T&G bit and is screwed down to all the joists , it does not drift apart, at least not if fitted properly.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back