Underfloor heating when the manifold is far away from the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am planning on doing a wet DIY underfloor heating install downstairs of my property.
I have zero experience with the plumbing and electrics side of the install, I plan to get a pro in to hook everything up but want to ask a question to make sure I have not missed anything prior to their visit.
I have attached a diagram of what I think in my head is correct, but open to suggestions here.

I have radiators upstaris for now and plan to do a underfloor system when I renovate the upstairs of the property.
I plan to have 2 nest therostats, one upstairs and one down stairs ( its a small open plan property )
The upstairs makes sense to me, the Nest Link will tell the 2 way valve to open which will also tell the boiler to switch on.
However the down stairs is confusing me, the Nest will tell the 2 way valve to turn on, which will tell the boiler to turn on but what tells the underfloor pump to swtich on in this sinario.
Idealy I am trying to avoid running a cable to the boiler as the boiler is in the loft space and will be a royal pain.
Any advice would be much appricated.
Many thanks

1668661303333.png

Sponsored Links
You could use an RF Mainslink to create a switch live at the manifold

You could use an RF Mainslink to create a switch live at the manifold
I was hoping someone would suggest a wireless solution, do you have any recommendations for cheap yet reliable brands?
Are there any downsides to using an RF link here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back