Underfloor heating with engineered oak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem in controlling the temperature of the UFH down to the low level recommended by the flooring makers for initial commissioning.

Engineered oak flooring is laid over a standard polypipe heating arrangement on insulation and screed. The flooring is attached by adhesive recommended by the makers, Hakwood. They say that after 5 days the heating can be turned on but the initial temperature at the top of the screed must be only 20 degrees, increasing by a degree per day. I can check that temperature as there is a small uncovered area of floor.

Although the manifold is adjusted down to its minimum 35 degrees, the floor temperature quickly rises to above the recommendation. Turning down the roomstat does not help as the room temp has not increased noticeably at that stage. I can only think that I must manually and periodically turn the roomstat unit on and off, but is there an easier way of adjusting the screed temperature to a low level?

Sponsored Links
What Dan means is that you need to fit a temporary thermostat at the access to the screed to turn off the UFH immediately it gets to 20° C.

Presumably you cannot turn the boiler down so low?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I do understand, but I didn't want to go to such lengths as the system will be increased to its full temperature within a week. I guess I'll have top stick with the "on-off" routine.

The boiler output temperature is already as its lowest setting, to the point where the conventional rads in the rest of the house are becoming less effective!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back