Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending to put underfloor heating in a extension I am adding to my house, what are the pros and cons compared with conventional rads. Are there bad things about Underfloor heating???
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It takes longer to warm up, and you usually need an extra pump and controls to reduce the floor temp. to <40 C (and somewhere to put it). If you can handle these and can provide an independant primary supply to it, to stop other parts of the house warming up at 4am, then it's pretty wonderful!

Once again, a good design can be reduced to pants performance by poor installation, so get someone with experience. It irritates me when I have to try and make a ****-poor installation work something like it should, for customers who have paid good money and are disillusioned with it. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back