underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Everyone

im wondering if anyone can help me, i have installed an underfloor heating system from a company called Wundafloor - BIG MISTAKE!!javascript:emoticon(':mad:')

i thought i was getting a good deal on the system but it turns out you get what you pay for! i got a different plumber round as it was leaking (couldn't get hold of original installer) this plumber has said that the pipe in the floor is very cheap and that the manifold (which is the bit the pipes go in to when it comes out the floor) is the worst plastic piece of rubbish he has very come across javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

he has advised me to rip it all out as the pipe will probably fail in a couple of years and the manifold is leaking already!! (after 3 months)

does anyone have any ideas about this, I'm no expert but i wasn't there when it was being installed so didn't see the pipe, but i have looked at the manful thing and it is very cheap and nasty

would it be possible to just change the manifold part and hope for the best ??

thanks

alison

Sponsored Links
If it's a continuous run of plastic pipe it's unlikely to fail, unless it badly installed/protected or has been damaged already. Depends on your floor covering whether you decide to take it up and have a look. The leak on the manifold could be a badly fitted union? Or is it the manifold body itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back