Underfloor Temperature Limiting Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

Does anybody have any experience with these:

https://underfloorparts.co.uk/product/underfloor-heating-injection-valve-return-limiting-rtl/

Are they any good?
Any recommendation as to what pipe to use with it?

The supplier tells me I can replace any number of radiators in the circuit with these provided each loop stays under 120 meters.

I want to put pipes underfloor for:
4 sq m (~21m pipe) kitchen
6.7 sq m (~34m pipe) bathroom
2 sq m (~10m pipe) passage

Thanks in advance

CF

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On incredibly small areas like that it may work. But the advice given by the supplier is very poor.

As for the pipe, it depends on floor makeup.

Sponsored Links
On incredibly small areas like that it may work. But the advice given by the supplier is very poor.

As for the pipe, it depends on floor makeup.

Thanks for the reply buddy.

4 sq m (~21m pipe) kitchen
Insulated concrete slab with overlay boards on top for pipes. Tiles directly on top of overlay boards.

6.7 sq m (~34m pipe) bathroom
Lino on top of chipboard floor - laid on standard joists.

2 sq m (~10m pipe) passage
Carpet, laminate floor underneath, floorboards underneath - laid on standard joists. (I'm gonna invest in good aluminum spreader plates for this space)

Thanks again
CF

Pipes for overlay will probably be too small. You'll want 15mm at least at 150 centres, maybe 200.

Thanks chief.

I was keen on 15 or 16mm anyway so as to provide less resistance to flow seeing as I'm relying on the boiler pump.

Do you recommend any particular brand or type of pipe?

As far as overlay boards go, my plumber did suggest making custom ones for this reason.

He said in the past he's had some sort of sheet wood cut to the right sizes. The pipe would be laid directly on the concrete and be loosely held in place by sheets of wood on either side of the pipe.
The tiles would be laid on the sheet wood.

I was going to do some research on it to see if anybody has ever installed such a contraption.

Thanks again

CF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back