Underground Conduit??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive had a call from a ground-works man saying he can come and do some work a week early (next week) and I haven't got the 10mm SWA as its currently up in my dads garage 300 Mile away. It was supposed to be here so I can lay it in the ground ready. I plan for the SWA to come out of the side of the house into an adaptable box then go underneath the concrete drive about 10 meters where my shed/garage is.

So, what I was asking for is what conduit could I lay in the ground so I can finish the drive off in the day when the workman comes? Ill probably require some data lines in there too. I wont be getting the SWA until end of the month when we get a visit.

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Ive had a call from a ground-works man saying he can come and do some work a week early (next week) and I haven't got the 10mm SWA as its currently up in my dads garage 300 Mile away. It was supposed to be here so I can lay it in the ground ready. I plan for the SWA to come out of the side of the house into an adaptable box then go underneath the concrete drive about 10 meters where my shed/garage is.

So, what I was asking for is what conduit could I lay in the ground so I can finish the drive off in the day when the workman comes? Ill probably require some data lines in there too. I wont be getting the SWA until end of the month when we get a visit.

Thanks for the help

You want ducting, not conduit.

LOADS of choice:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cable+ducting

wide selection of sizes here:

http://www.draindepot.co.uk/index.a...Duct+Systems&gclid=CKng6-Lpg8ACFSgFwwodKl0A5A

So, what I was asking for is what conduit could I lay in the ground so I can finish the drive off in the day when the workman comes?
This sort of product:

http://www.drainageonline.co.uk/Ducting/Black-Twinwall-Duct-x-50m-coil.htm

Do make sure that the bends are swept enough for cable to be pulled through or you'll have to dig up the new drive. Make sure you prepare the trench properly, that it's deep enough and that you put warning tape down. And take photos at stages if you want an electrician to use it.

Ill probably require some data lines in there too.
You'll need two runs then - you can't put phone/data cables in the same duct as electrical ones.

Sponsored Links
Most drainage merchants such as City Drainage will do "civil duct". Very much like 110mm UG soil pipe, but thinner walled and black.

Cheap, and correctly coloured. Available is 3m and 6m interlocking lengths.

The coils of smaller diameter duct are not stocked in my area, and need ordering in. 100mm stuff is off the shelf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back