Underground soil support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I have laid a new soil pipe across my new extension and am in the process of preparing my oversite. At the moment the soil is resting on the mud.

The MOT type 1 is quite rough so i need some protection for the pipe which i was going to bury in pea shingle. What the best way to do this? I thought either to dig under the pipe by 100mm somehow shutter the run and then fill with shingle?

Also the top of the MOT is going to be about 20mm shy of the top end hence around 1-2m will rise into what will become a concrete base. I was going to reinforce the whole run with reinforcing mesh.

Thanks for advice, I've attached a photo.
pipe.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just for info I ended up shuttering the pipe 100mm either side then compacting MOT around it then removed the shuttering and filled with shingle.

I've covered 80% of it with sand and compacted that with 2m above the sand level, I've got the DPM over it so now I'm just looking at adding some a193 mesh along the top (at BCO request).

I've not reinforced the 100mm slab so I'll ask the concrete guy to maybe add some fibres?

Anyone do anything differently?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back