Underslung joists.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To maximise every last inch of headroom, would we be allowed to attach a steel stair trimmer to the underside of the UC,s? Using either bolts or the beamclamp method.?? (Awaiting answer from BC, just interested to hear the opinions on here)
In fact has anyone here used a beamclamp? Are they better/ worse than just bolting?

If this is permissable, then its leads to my next issue.

So that the top of the joists line up with the top of the trimmer (..if fitted under UC,s). Is there any way of hanging joists off the UC, so that the top off the joists line up with the underside of the UC?
After scouring the net, (for strong-tie and the like...)all that I can find state a maximum 100mm joist underhang. No good for my spec (150mm joists)
Would fixing timber to the underside of the UC, so creating another nailing/anchoring point, resolve this issue?

Sorry if this is as clear as mud..
[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back