uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ive just taken a laminate floor up in my mates house the old style glue one and the floor is uneven all over im talking 2inches in places it seem that the old asphalt floor has bellied all over with bumps and dips all over and i mean this is really bad. now what the best way to level it? dig it out and get it rescreeded with sand and cement dry mixed or self level beareing in mind its got the old style chequered vinyl tiles they cracked all over, i would like to tile or reput laminate down after failing that do we leave and put carpet down.

Sponsored Links
Without seeing it its hard to say. If its a kitchen id say bash any lumps down & self-level & tile it??

its an old terrace two up two down job the living room is split in 2 the front has floor boards and the back leading to back of house ie yard and kitchen area has sometime been filled in but looks a bad job i found that under the asphalt is what looks like soil? not hardcore ive filled in under a stud wall that had a 4x3 buried in the floor holding some bricks and latted plaster wall up the 4x3 was rotting away thats why im concerned about the floor now its very bumpy looks like is perished and started to lift

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back