Uneven walls, got to have approx 27-30mm, how???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Recently I've done tiling, and due to uneven walls I've been left with 15mm gap from tiles (15mm plaster to back of a tile)

I haven't tiled whole walls, just 1,3m high.

From 1.3m I wanted to have a painted walls.

The wall is finished with multi finish finishing plaster.

What should I do to build it up, and level the wall with plastic trim on tiles?

I know I cannot use any other plaster on the top of existing plaster,

Is the only one solution is to knock the wall down and replaster it?

Or use plasterboard?

If yes, backing plaster plus mulifinish would give me in total only 15mm, and If I knocked down existing plaster then I would still have about 12mm gap between plastic tile trim and finishing plaster.

Would be great if you could help me with this matter.

Sponsored Links
Who told you that you can't plaster over plaster?

Who told you that you can't plaster over plaster?

Grypoc customer service.

They said. Once backing plaster is done, then you should apply finishing plaster.

On the top of existing plaster I cannot plaster, they say.

Yes, maybe you can, you can do finishing plaster, but it's only 3mm, but I need to fill it up to 15mm :(

i think you went wrong somewhere with the tiling to be left with a 15mm gap, if the wall was that uneven maybe a little prep work was needed you should have run a straight edge over it first, is the 15mm gap all they way along the wall? can you upload a pic?

Sponsored Links
i think you went wrong somewhere with the tiling to be left with a 15mm gap, if the wall was that uneven maybe a little prep work was needed you should have run a straight edge over it first, is the 15mm gap all they way along the wall? can you upload a pic?

//www.diynot.com/network/ragged13/albums

Yes, you're right! Before I started tiling I knew that the concrete blocks are awfuly uneven, but I didn't expect that big difference.
Perhaps the builder was extremely drunk? LOL
Somebody could suggest to install a plasterboard, yes, I agree but Its a tiny toilet only where I had to install underfloor heating to have any and I struggle to install a sink with basin..

looks to me you have a couple of options you could carry on with those tiles you have on the backwall and have them all the way around the toilet or you could use plasterboard or you could float the wall in, that back box is produding also is it level with the tiles?

The box is leveled with tile adhesive (underfloor heating).

Today I've plastered the wall using KNAUF one coat plaster.

Yes, it's a crap material, but I've used it just to level the wall up.

On the top of it I will finish with 2 coats of multifinish.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back