Unidentified electrical (?) fitting....

I second the belief that they are speaker connections. My old school ('60s built) had two sockets which looked a lot like these - one either side of the wooden stage. When we had foreign language exams, I remember a cassette being played through a stereo system and the teacher would get the speakers out, put them on the stage and hook them up to these sockets.

When the school was knocked down a load of pictures were taken of inside but for the life of me I can't find ones of the dining hall.

Sponsored Links
For identification purposes I wouldn't hold out too much hope on the wording. I can't make out the very first word, but the rest is saying "squeeze together in the direction of the arrow". The first word probably tells you what to squeeze :)

I think it might be "Öffnen" which would be open, or perhaps withdraw in this context.

EDIT: maybe squeeze the arrows together to take the cover off?

Sponsored Links
Speakon connectors are the way forward. (The Neutrik ones not the awful chinese copy ones.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back