Unidentified electrical (?) fitting....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, this may be in the wrong section by virtue of the fact I haven't got a clue what I'm looking at, but seemed the best place to start...

I have these unidentified little white boxes ( for want of a better term) in my house with wires going to them, but I've no idea what they are. Anyone ever seen them before or got an idea what they might be?

The writing on them off German but doesn't mean much when translated in Google.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_144346.jpg
    IMG_20171216_144346.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 424
Sponsored Links
Where are they on a laminate floor, some sort of Underfloor heating connection maybe

DIN speaker connections have a flat pin and a round pin...

Sponsored Links
never noticed that, I have seen outlets in houses before to plug speakers in, the other end of the wires behind the tv or hifi

They do, and the OP's 'boxes' have a flat hole and a round hole.

I know, John!! I wasn't contradicting Robin0577, he posted about 5 seconds before me, so I hadn't seen it. I was showing the OP what they probably are, because I'm still not 100%.

Last edited:
I know, John!! I wasn't contradicting Robin0577, he posted about 5 seconds before me, so I hadn't seen it. I was showing the OP what they probably are, because I'm still not 100%.
Oh, sorry. I did, indeed, think you were disagreeing with Robin - my apologies!

Kind Regards, John

Thanks guys, the wires go under the floor. Think I'll pluck up the courage to go under into the crawl spaces next week and try to trace the wires back...

can you clean them up or tell us the words? I can't make it out.

But if we agree they are probably speaker connections, the two together are probably the L&R and are probably positioned near where the amplifier used to be. There will probably be (or have been) another L&R, one on each position where speakers used to be.

I doubt they are any use now. If it was me I would probably remove the sockets, and as much cable as I could reach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back