Unidentified Leaking object

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my kitchen I have a bay area where the sink is, with a window and single skin walls either side.
I'm having trouble with a leak/damp on one side of the bay when it rains (the weather hit side).
I've recovered the bay roof, done a bit of pointing where I think it was necessary, but still the wall is damp. It's now blown my plaster and blown the kitchen worktop where it meets the wall (both of which were new :( )

Firstly, there's no obvious places where the water is getting in, although I understand it get in be just about anywhere and where the wall is damp is the lowest point the water settles.

Secondly, could it be penetrative dampness?

I'm going to paint the outside of the wall with that Weathershield stuff, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The walls either side have only one layer of brick down to the level of the sink, where it then has a cavity.
Which is why I thought it might be penetrative damp.
But it is only damp on one wall and in one patch, roughly at the level of the sink???

Sponsored Links
could be penetrating.bricks don`t have the same porosity, particularly if old.making them wasn`t an exact science

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back