Unique roof top but with condensation problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a fairly unique house with a feature or lantern at the top. See pic below. However it is prone to condensation at the top in the winter. I have tried the following but with a small degree of success

Two vane vents in the lantern
A semi sophisticated fish air small blower unit upstairs that draws air in and a sophisticated extractor fan downstairs in the open plan kitchen.

In the next week we are relaying with GRP the lead flat roof that has a small leak to it near the lantern joint.

We intend to try to drill a hole in the metal spire on top of the lantern and spray foam in.

While we have scaffolding is there anything else or product that people could recommend?

The lantern is wooden and is double glazed and in good nic!

Kind regards

Pin

Attachments

• Ished.png
    Ished.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 167
Sponsored Links
Why don't you block it off with a double glazed unit of some description
and stop all the warm moist air entering that space.

Sponsored Links
you need to stop the warm air coming in contact with the colder surfaces in this cupola also circulate the air which i think you have tried
do you know what is under the flat terracotta panel? insulated?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back