University Challenge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard on the news this morning that a female contestant (and team captain as well I think) from this programme had received a right royal slagging off in cyberspace. :eek: :eek: :eek: Later on, I learnt that this is not uncommon and the producers even have a number that contestants can ring if they are the victims of this kind of abuse. Apparently it isn't just the women who get picked on.

But, to get back to the morning news, there was an immediate assumption that the cyber bullies who had targeted this unfortunate woman were all men, though no supporting evidence was given. Now in my experience it's women who are quickest to slag off one of their own. :evil: :evil: :evil: Does anybody have any information either way? :?: :?: :?:

PS: My very first reaction was to ask myself why somebody so obviously intelligent would be stupid enough to put her real name on the internet.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'd put my finger on her button anytime. :LOL:

Ahh the female of the species,,,,, The most venomous, poisonous, vicious sex.
I have noticed they do tend to bitch a lot between themselves, always calling each other behind their backs. Er indoors is always telling me the latest gossip, whilst having a dig at other females down the local. When we go there on a Friday evening, she's as nice as pie to their face, then when we leave, she can start her bitching again.
I tend to take very little notice when she's prattling on about "her at No 67 or that woman who lives down the road etc etc (ad nauseum)

Weird creatures indeed. ;) ;)

But, to get back to the morning news, there was an immediate assumption that the cyber bullies who had targeted this unfortunate woman were all men, though no supporting evidence was given. Now in my experience it's women who are quickest to slag off one of their own. :evil: :evil: :evil: Does anybody have any information either way? :?: :?: :?:

PS: My very first reaction was to ask myself why somebody so obviously intelligent would be stupid enough to put her real name on the internet
I totally agree

joe-90 said:
I'd put my finger on her button anytime. :LOL:

Joe has, inadvertently I think, raised an interesting point. Most men would interpret his words as a compliment, especially since there's a :LOL: on the end. But how many women would agree? :?: :?: :?:

But how many women would agree? :?: :?: :?:
Indeed. It seems to me that this thread is about whether women can admit that they agree, especially if someone they might not agree with says that thing with which they are in agreement. So they may disagree to agree even though it would be more gentlewomanly to agree to disagree. :)

cantaloup63 said:
Indeed. It seems to me that this thread is about whether women can admit that they agree, especially if someone they might not agree with says that thing with which they are in agreement. So they may disagree to agree even though it would be more gentlewomanly to agree to disagree.

spinning.gif
spinning.gif
spinning.gif

It took some doing but I've finally worked it out - and I agree! :) :) :)

Sponsored Links