I've removed the hearth and need to plaster the wall where it was. Unfortunatly there's a curved pot / brick object under the fireplace. It goes under the base of the fireplace. I'd like too remove the bit sticking out but concerned that it may be partly supporting the chimney. Does anyone know what it is and whether I can remove the bit sticking out? Thanks.
Thanks for assurance. Drilled a line of holes along the sticking out bit and managed to remove it with the rest of it unaffected. Wierd thing. The visible bit is like doughnut but goes back some way. Really solid.
If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below,
or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.
Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.
Please select a service and enter a location to continue...
Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local