Untreated Kiln Dried White Pine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Very random question but last year (or maybe the year before) I bought some of the above from Wickes which was Planed Square Edge and I now require some more to make some other things for the animals. If I deviate from the above the wood is toxic so hence I ma stuck with this wood. I cannot find it anywhere on Wickes or B&Q and the only solution they both give me is Spruce which again is toxic and also Redwood pine which you guessed it again toxic.

Does anyone know where to purchase this in roughly 90mm widths? Or just at all and I can cut the boards to size?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Not yet as I have always been able to find it on wickes or B&Q as a pack of 8 in the sizes I require. I will try there at weekend though.

Thanks

James

I have just learned that redwood refers to Scots Pine as well as Redwood Trees.

Is scots pine the same as whitewood pine? If so my problem is solved if not then back to the drawing board.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Also does anyone know what the largest width of a White untreated pine board would be and what sort of thicknesses would that come in? I am currently trying to find out on various timber yard sites but they all have different sizes and just say other sizes available so Iam wondering if anyone here knows given you all work with wood.

Thanks

James

I know there are different types of Pine, but essentially, it's all the same, but I think a lot of it comes down to the density of the different species. Each woodyard will have their own grades and sizes that they stock, cut, and mould, so you need to check with them I'm afraid. But most times, you'll find the woodyards to be cheaper than the diy stores.

Redwood is Scots pine, whitewood is Spruce. I know my local Jewsons sells whitewood up to 11 x 1 inch, and redwood up to 8 x 1 inch.
My cat has a pine scratching post and hasn't vommed yet...

Last edited:
Thanks I have spoken with my local timber yard and they stock some white pine in 2 4 and 6 inch length boards so I will be going there today I think to get what I need.

Thank you all for your help.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back