UNvented cylinder dual thermosat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customer wants an UNvented cylinder in place of existing vented. Currently has a dragon RF cylinder stat. No easy way to hard wire the new dual stat supplied with the cylinder. Is a dual RF thermostat available ? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Never seen one, and I don't think it would comply as the sole source of temperature regulation anyway. It needs to be able to cut off the heat source in the event of an overheat. You couldn't guarantee that an RF one would do that if, for example, the batteries failed.

I've done it before on an Evohome system. Install a 2-port in the cylinder cupboard and wire it through the hard-wired dual stat, powered off a spur in the cupboard. If the overheat trips, the ZV will slam shut, cutting off the heat source (although it won't shut off the boiler of course). Use your standard wireless cylinder stat with suitable probe to trigger the boiler to heat the cylinder. I think this achieves compliance.

Sponsored Links
Never seen one, and I don't think it would comply as the sole source of temperature regulation anyway. It needs to be able to cut off the heat source in the event of an overheat. You couldn't guarantee that an RF one would do that if, for example, the batteries failed.

I've done it before on an Evohome system. Install a 2-port in the cylinder cupboard and wire it through the hard-wired dual stat, powered off a spur in the cupboard. If the overheat trips, the ZV will slam shut, cutting off the heat source (although it won't shut off the boiler of course). Use your standard wireless cylinder stat with suitable probe to trigger the boiler to heat the cylinder. I think this achieves compliance.
Boiler would cut out on overheat flow/return temps anyway so might be OK doing it like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back