Unvented Cylinder heated from Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have read a thread suggesting that it is possible to use a combination boiler to heat a domestic hot water cylinder. My question is.... would most installers be happy to install/modify a combi system to this, is this very common?

I am currently looking at having a rear extension which will be adding an ensuite to a bedroom. I have sided against relying on a combi to supply all the domestic hot water, the existing boiler (Vaillant EcoTec 831) is less then 1 year old so it seems a shame to get rid of it for a system boiler. Hence why i'm asking about the feasibility of this. I guess the unvented cylinder would provide all domestic hot water to bathrooms/ensuite and combi to supply kitchen tap.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, wiring as Honeywell S-Plan with two 2-port control valves controlling the flow to the heating and the cylinder. The hot water outlet from the combi could be used for a shower or a washing machine.

Quite common practice now 'Pants', the UVC would just be added as a 'zone' to your existing system. A fully qualified time-served Plumber would be able to install that with no problems for you.

Any competent cc/ccc should be able to do that for you.

But he would need to have the G3 qualification to work on unvented cylinders.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Any competent cc/ccc should be able to do that for you.
Tony

Shock Horror!!
Has Dickpuller returned?. Has he assimailated Agile?. Or......is Dickpuller the alter ego of Agile?!!!

AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

Quite common practice now 'Pants', the UVC would just be added as a 'zone' to your existing system. A fully qualified time-served Plumber would be able to install that with no problems for you.
Pants, you may want to take the advice of rickfuller with a grain of salt, it is troll not a plumber.

Though it is indeed possible to install an unvented cylinder when you have a combi, it needs to be done by someone who is qualified to install unvented cylinders. Not all RGI's are qualified to do this, and not all people that are qualified to install unvented cylinders are RGI's.

DazzarGaz, DP and Dickpuller are two different posters.

you know you are banned puller so why not just go play with your silly mates on screwfux

banned said:
Have I been banned? But look at the number of times I've been thanked, surely you can't ban someone cause they are too helpful, can you??

3 times

hardly going to set the world on fire pr att

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back