Unvented cylinder in house with low water pressure

Sponsored Links
Its not going anywhere after 7 pages.

AND

Its becoming a repeat of the last one a year or two ago as far as I can remember. Although this one is much bettter without the aptly named Dr Drivel.

Tony

my opinion for what its worth, threads like this that remain civil are usefull, when it comes to getting peoples heads around priciples.

I recall a pipe fitter who had fitted 2x 500lt vessels for a large industrial wash boost system running at 6 bar.

he stood there and told me that he had charged each vessel to 3bar 3bar+3bar meant 6 bar :rolleyes:

true :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So let me get his staight.

my cold water is 13l minute. pressure 3bar from a 15 mm pipe (shared pipe)

I fit an expansion vessel / accumulater. Lets say ??3 00 litre. only fills up with 150 litres or untill 3bar is reached inside the cylinder.

I have an exit pipe of 22 mm from the cyclinder to fed the rest of my house water supply.

That simple! And I will get higher flow rate of water!

Can I use this water to feed a combi boiler ~ and increase the hot water flow from that?

Sponsored Links
Emoticon of yawn.

To answer your questions.................in the order of served;

Yes.

Yes.

Only up to the limit of the combi hotwater flowrate.

holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Jesus are you going for the record?

Bring it on, I'm ready - and still sticking to the same story 6 years later.

Was it really that long ago?

Bring it on, I'm ready - and still sticking to the same story 6 years later.

Was it really that long ago?

Simon, do you still fit accumulators and stand by their performance?

I have asked a similar question before (about a year ago) when I was going to have my system replaced. That work was delayed but should be soon now.

I have 3.5 bar and 18l/min, house on three floors, when the work is finished it will have about 4 en suites. I'd like to comfortably use two showers at the same time and for them to be ready to use again within a reasonable period of time.(? about 20 minutes?)

I will have a small plant room, so within reason space is not an issue.

I'm thinking along the lines of

1) Two unvented cylinders (a 300l one and perhaps one smaller)

2) Two 500l accumulators.

Do you think this would give me the performance I'm after?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back