Unvented cylinder installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure whether or not anyone in the trade can advise (I know it's very difficult to estimate without viewing the job) but I wanted a rough idea of cost for the below or at least how long it should take a competent plumber to complete:

Current set-up is 2 x Amptec electric flow boilers for hot water and heating, hot water feeds into immersion tank. We also have a header tank which gravity feeds cold water to 2 x toilets and 1 x bath, we would like to remove immersion and header tank after below has been completed.

• Removal of 1st Amptec Electric flow boiler
• Replace with Megaflo system for hot water
• Move 2nd Amptec Electric flow boiler to opposite wall in same room for central heating

I have the Megaflow system so parts costs would be just for pipework and electrics etc. I would remove immersion and header tank myself.

Thanks,
Bill

Sponsored Links
Yes, but ideally direct from the mains.

Is this the normal way of supplying cold water to WC & bath??

It can be done from mains, that work wasn't mentioned in the post though and increases the job.

Best bet is to get an engineer (or 3) to come and quote the job for you.

He can then discuss your needs, see the job and any pitfalls that there may be.

There are too many variables for anyone to give you a timescale or price from an internet forum.

Sponsored Links
Thought that may the case, but how do I know what is a fair price? I have had 2 quotes already, one is £500 the other is £1200!

If I could get an idea of the costs for just the work I have outlined that would be useful. All the pipe work is on the one side of the house i.e. downstairs utility (electric boilers) with bathroom directly above (Megaflo system). We could leave the water tank supplying WC's & bath for the time being.

So get a few more quotes and you will start to see an average. Also ensure that the engineer you are using is qualified to work with unvented.

They need to hold G3 certification to install these correctly.

Also remember that you are paying for after service as well and not just an install. Worth paying more knowing that you can pick up the phone should you need to and actually have it answered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back