Unvented hot tank - maintenance / servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. My parents have a 9 year old Santon Premier Plus and recently noticed the water seemed a little hotter than usual. They phoned a plumber who suggested a thermostat fault was the cause and so sent round an electrician colleague of his. (The electrician confirmed the stat to be working and offered - but didn't recommend at this time - a replacement.)

I had a look at the paperwork from the original installation and saw that there was a Service Record Log Book which said the system should be 'serviced regularly' (but didn't say how regularly). I'm surprised that neither the plumber or electrician mentioned 'service' to my parents. Just how necessary is it with this kind of tank and what would a service involve? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
It should be done annually - failure to do so invalidates the 25 year warranty. People usually get them done at the same time as the boiler service. A service should follow manufacturers guidance but generally includes a test of all safety devices, check/recharge of expansion vessel, and check that the water temperature is achieving the setpoint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back