Unvented Hot water cylinder instalation

And also where is the best place to find a reliable engineer? I do not trust check a trade too much but where else can i find one that it can prove reliable? That is which website publishes real reviews if there is any?One of the reasons I like to do plumbing, electrics etc myself is not so much for the enjoyment and the economy but also for the destruction that some tradesman have left in my life in the past.

After saying that emboldened bit perhaps you should stay with the nupties you may get from those sites.

Pause for a moment to ponder on:-

Why are some cylinders cheaper than others?

Why do they say "you get what you pay for" ?

Why are some people so short of work that they have to resort to those web sites?

Sponsored Links
120L sounds rather small, my 1 bed flat had 150L, and my house now has 220L I think

Now the question is what would be the cheapest option for a 120 liters tank?Can I assume the same as for most white goods that cheap makes ar as good as overpriced well known makes?.

No experience of these tanks, but IME your assumption is faulty. Certainly going by the piece of rubbish Hotpoint dishwasher I recently binned and the Bosch that replaced it.

Sponsored Links
North, I am a quality engineer for a living, believe it or not, working with pressure vessels.

The chap I had do mine is not the cheapest and you will have to wait a while to get him but he is up there with the best. He come highly recommended from a plumber.

Again, he's not a general plumber, he's a professional heating engineer.

If you want a top job, this chap will be able to help. He lives in Kent, not sure if this is too far from you?

Don't want to get myself in trouble here breaking forum rules etc, but just trying to help, let me know if you want his details.

I will try and upload a picture of his work.

Er... Chris,

I don't think he wants to pay a professional at all.

He wants to find the cheapest East European who does not even hold the certificate required to install an unvented cylinder!

That's why he wants to go to those web sites they have to use because nobody would recommend them.

Don't take much notice of their reviews, because they pay the website they can have unfavourable comments deleted. Then they get their friends to write good reviews for them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back