Unvented indirect hot water tank supply feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning All, Its been a while since i was last about.

I'm looking for just a little guidance at this point and i am sure you will be able to assist.

We have a very old Victorian house and over the years the house has been extended and new bathrooms have been added. So far we have one family bathroom and two en-suits. The house has a vented heating system at the moment which is now struggling badly with the water demands put upon it. Also, the mains water into the property is not great, but we are hoping to deal with that at a later stage.

After chatting with our plumber, we have decided to change out the current vented water tank for a unvented indirect 210 liter unit. Fortunately, we have just upgrade the cold water storage in the loft to 100 Gallons, so we are now confident of fitting an unvented system with the water supply coming from the 100 Gallons. What I was looking for was a little guidance on the pump to fit between the water storage (100 gal) and the 3 bar pressure control valve for the unvented tank?

What size pump would people recommend to keep up with possibly two showers running at the same time and how noisy are these units, as we may have to be install the pump alongside the tank in one of the bedroom?

Thanks in advance for the help everybody.

Sponsored Links
good Morning my mate had the same set up on his farm with poor water supply two 50 ltr cold water tanks combined in the loft feeding an unvented 210 ltr cyl via a salamander pump with negative or positive head pressure he runs a massive double bath and has three showers and its fairly quite.

Best thing is give salamander help desk a ring tell them exactly what you want to do and they will sort you out.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

Your welcome i know it works because i fitted it the pump is a meter from the cylinder and in-between the 100 ltr water tank which is about 6 mtrs away in the loft we had to do it this way to supply the cylinder with the required pressure salamander are probably the most expensive but the back up team are excellent they may by now have better style pump for what you want.

Andy.

Sponsored Links
Your welcome i know it works because i fitted it the pump is a meter from the cylinder and in-between the 100 ltr water tank which is about 6 mtrs away in the loft we had to do it this way to supply the cylinder with the required pressure salamander are probably the most expensive but the back up team are excellent they may by now have better style pump for what you want.

Andy.

Sorry To quiz you Andy. Did you have a directed line for the fuse box for the pump or was it just plugged in to a 240 spur?

That’s interesting. I’ve just spoken with Stuart Turner and they are suggesting I use a 3.6bar monsoon pump which i would have to wire in on a separate line to the fuse box.

Hi again is that someone from salamander pumps' i am going back about 5 /6 years i have always used those pumps for all my applications obviously if its another plumber they may suggest something else.

Sorry Stuart turner pumps they are quite a few quid more expensive from looking at them personal prefference i suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back