Unvented problem help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I need some advice please?

Am I correct in thinking that the red vessel isnt the correct one as it should be a white one, the vessel makers assured me it was correct but im not sure!

I shut the gate valve next to the UV cylinder and drained down the tribume premier unvented system and replaced the faulty 18 litre expansion vessel ( white ) with an identical one ( generic red ) and opened up the gate valve and now have no water coming out the hot taps ( only an intermittant dribble at best )

The central heating was bled and is working fine as it the cold taps, the bar pressure is slowly going up and not ive shut it all down as it reached 2.5 bar in nearly 24 hours

Any ideas on whats gone wrong and how to fix please?

I would appreciate any help resolving the issues please?

Sponsored Links
Can you post up some photos as your post is confusing two different problems, the red expansion vessel is part of the central heating/boiler system and the white is taking the expansion from the unvented cylinder.

Can you post up some photos as your post is confusing two different problems, the red expansion vessel is part of the central heating/boiler system and the white is taking the expansion from the unvented cylinder.

No need and thanks as the white vessel is for potable, which it should have been replaced with originally as the red vessel is for heating, the vessel sellers told a lie or just didnt have a clue by saying it was generic for both

The problem has been resolved with a white 18l potable vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back