Unvented System... Poor Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, been reading lots on the subject, but still struggling to fully understand the best option for my situation.

Currently have an ideal system boiler and unvented cylinder (gledhill rebadged). It is situated in the basement and feeds both ground and First floors. Incoming mains is 4bar static and 3ish bar dynamic. Output of the cyclinder is 2bar static and 1.5bar dynamic. All internal pipe work is 15mm dia with seperate circuits for each bathroom/toilet/kitchen.

I am currently getting poor flow at outlets. Kitchen is about 7L/min, shower is less... So I get this is partly due to the height differential, the distance and the dia of the pipe.

I would like to improve the flow throughout the house, would want to avoid replacing the pipes with 22mm if possible. Anyone with any suggestions?

A couple of questions: would an accumulator solve the problem? If I install an accumulator can I fit a positive head twin pump after the group inlet valve and cylinder output to both the hot and cold? Would that aid things?

Sponsored Links
I would try and find out why your losing 1.5 bar between the incoming main and the cylinder output, have you had the filter cleaned in the cold water control set for the cylinder ?

Thanks - I am due a service of the boiler and cylinder - i will see what that throws up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back