Unvented water off a combi boiler?

You will also have entrained limescale particles in hard-water areas; this will knacker your combi plate heat exchanger and your canned rotor bronze pump in a short time.

All Combi plate heat exchangers work with fresh water. Did you know that?

You do not understand, Drivel.

The limescale is dissolved in the cold fresh water. The limescale particles precipitate inside the cylinder when the water is heated and accumulate at the bottom of the cylinder. Pumping from a connection at the bottom of the cylinder will pump the particles into the combi and the bronze pump.

He's got that covered, he's going to fit an inline strainer ;)

Sponsored Links
Errrrr, Yeah, i think i'll just have a bigger flow rate combi fitted, or a storage combi. Cheers everyone.!! :D :D :D :D

I'm not gonna get involved in the argument, I just wanna know where I can get one of these £50 bronze pumps I've been hearing about :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You will also have entrained limescale particles in hard-water areas; this will knacker your combi plate heat exchanger and your canned rotor bronze pump in a short time.

All Combi plate heat exchangers work with fresh water. Did you know that?

You do not understand, Drivel.

No I don't understand your drivel at all. Someone who can't figure out how a flow path works is well.....

I'm not gonna get involved in the argument, I just wanna know where I can get one of these £50 bronze pumps I've been hearing about :LOL:

I gave a link in one of my post yesterday. Look. Nah! Don't look pay over the odds as you always have done.

I gave a link in one of my post yesterday. Look. Nah! D
don't look pay over the odds as you always have done.

Yes you are always providing links in a desperate attempt to justify your nonsense, I don't bother checking them as I don't take any notice of your ridiculous postings, neither does anybody else it seems. Don't stop though, its a constant source of amusement for most.

In that case,,,,,, your inherently wrong.

No matter where you put the feed,,,,,, your inherently wrong.

Think path of least restriction :idea:

It has similarities with the 937( Vaillant) set up.
Depending on the bronze pump flowrate you could adjust the flow temp into the top of the cylinder and stratification will be maintained ensuring <10C enters the combi.
And thermal layering right down the cylinder during heat up.
When the cylinder stat energises the bronze pump then you have both energies combined, mixing at the T on top of the cylinder and then reverts to the combi only energy when the cylinder is exhausted.
If scale was a problem then you could lower the temp with a weekly boost from an immersion.

In that case,,,,,, your inherently wrong.

No matter where you put the feed,,,,,, your inherently wrong.

Think path of least restriction :idea:

He's right clf.
Re do the drawing.
Though I think you might get it wrong (again) ;)

It has similarities with the 937( Vaillant) set up.

Not too dissimilar to the Glow Worm Ultrapower stored water combi, using a plate and bronze pump to heat a fresh water cylinder.

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/pdf/current/Ultrapower_sx_ installation_manual.pdf
Diagram 1.2 shows this. The diagram is split into boiler module (combi) and tank module (cylinder). Using a bronze pump & plate.

I have used a 24kW combi on a number of occasions to heat a direct fresh water cylinder and all have been highly successful and very cheap.

What has come to light is how many of these so-called experienced professionals are so thick. Something so simple is way beyond them. Sad isn't it. Very sad. I see why customers constantly complain about the heating business and poor service delivered.

I gave a link in one of my post yesterday. Look. Nah! D
don't look pay over the odds as you always have done.

Yes you are always providing links in a desperate attempt to justify your nonsense, I don't bother checking them as I don't take any notice of your ridiculous postings, neither does anybody else it seems. Don't stop though, its a constant source of amusement for most.

Please pay £300 per bonze pump. You deserve to. Pay all you can.

This ChrisR fella.

Again..There is no difference to Plateflow.
Again, there is, it's just that your ego stops you seeing it.

Not too dissimilar to the Glow Worm Ultrapower stored water combi
Different enough though - it that theirs works, and it's plain to see why, except to you.
Saunier Duval and others had similar devices last century.

I have used a 24kW combi on a number of occasions to heat a direct fresh water cylinder and all have been highly successful
You're deluding yourself if you think you're competent to judge.

It's odd how you won't answer questions from people you decry as "thick", because you can't.
I don't know why you bother polluting this forum, everyone knows what you are.

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/pdf/current/Ultrapower_Brochure.pdf

"In areas where the water hardness is more than 200mg/l, it is
recommended that a proprietary water conditioner be fitted in
the cold water supply to the boiler."

Oh dear. They neglect to specify what they mean by "a proprietary water conditioner".

Why not? If they mean a softener, why not say a softener? Because it's another £500? Or have phosphates injected in all your domestic water. Most people will wind up with a snake-oil magnetic water conditioner fitted by the RGI and will find out it doesn't work when their boiler expires. They'll shortly afterwards be told the warranty is invalidated because they didn't fit an approved water conditioner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back