Unvented water system - hot pressure variable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an Ariston unvented waterstorage sylinder, attached to a Worcester-Bosch gas boiler.

Recently the hot water has been playing up, but I cant understand why. The boiler is firing up and heating the tank as expected, and sometimes the hot water comes out fine, other times it goes cold after a short time. It's especially bad in a loft shower room.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Could be unbalanced supplies, you need a suitably qualified engineer to service an unvented.
Is it only the shower that has a problem?

Agreed. Has a balanced cold been taken off the system AFTER the combination valve? If not it might be causubg you issues.....plus the shower mixer may be fault and the cartridge needs reapir/replacement

Thanks for your responses. It's worst at that shower, but unreliable everywhere. I just gave the kids a bath, and we have a thermostatic mixer tap, pretty much as soon as I turned the tap off, the hot feed felt freezing.

Is that consistent with an unbalanced system?

I will get someone in, but prefer to have some ideas first.

Not sure whether it's related, but there is a slight hissing at that tap occasionally also, could that be the cause?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
It's possible you have a mixer tap letting the cold by if the system is not balanced on both sides. Has a check valve been fitted on all hot outlets or just on the hot out the tank? Finally it could be faulty mixers but i can't see all of em going faulty at once so my guess is non balanced with a mixer tap letting cold by

Thanks for your feedback.

I prefer to have views from someone else when I call in an engineer.

I guess it could be a dirty filter, or because the cold feed isn't taken from after the pressure reducer.

Does anyone have any suggestions of reputable engineers for unvented systems in SE London?

Thanks
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back