Upgrade from Randall 102 timer to Drayton Lifestyle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C6372321-0130-4ECC-9223-A1AECA5D0A89.jpeg
4E4B63B8-CA39-4672-A5E7-3BBC4B59F93A.jpeg
3E9B6647-2C92-468D-BA8E-9CFEE18B75A8.jpeg
Hi, i would like to know please if all I need to do is add just one additional connection from HW off - 4 on the Drayton backplate to join the Grey from the 3 port valve to the 2 on the cylinder stat.

Ours is a single story bungalow and the system is a Y plan fully pumped with mid position motorised valve and heated still by an old Potterton boiler. I am currently in the process of bringing the untidy wiring down from the attic to a wiring centre.

I have identified and temp labelled all the wires/cables and sketched a wiring diagram of the system as it was. I have also compared it to the Honeywell Y plan which shows the additional HW off connection which other than the switched live to the boiler seems to be very similar.

I have also sketched the wiring centre arrangement I am in the process of doing
to complete the system as it is.

The Randal just gives the HW on or combined Heat and HW on together.

I am intending to gain full 2 channel control of the HW and Heat that the specific 2Ch Draytons offer.

If I am right with the additional wire required, then I would also ask that per chance I could opt for the Hive System then all I would then need to do would be be to remove the Room stat wiring i.e. the N to stat, then the other two wire to the stat then link the white/brown from the 3 port directly to CH on on the programmer.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Pics attached of wiring:

Malc

Sponsored Links

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems logical, although I’m not 100% when it comes to wiring, nice diagrams though (y)

Sponsored Links