Upgrade from Randall 102 timer to Drayton Lifestyle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C6372321-0130-4ECC-9223-A1AECA5D0A89.jpeg
4E4B63B8-CA39-4672-A5E7-3BBC4B59F93A.jpeg
3E9B6647-2C92-468D-BA8E-9CFEE18B75A8.jpeg
Hi, i would like to know please if all I need to do is add just one additional connection from HW off - 4 on the Drayton backplate to join the Grey from the 3 port valve to the 2 on the cylinder stat.

Ours is a single story bungalow and the system is a Y plan fully pumped with mid position motorised valve and heated still by an old Potterton boiler. I am currently in the process of bringing the untidy wiring down from the attic to a wiring centre.

I have identified and temp labelled all the wires/cables and sketched a wiring diagram of the system as it was. I have also compared it to the Honeywell Y plan which shows the additional HW off connection which other than the switched live to the boiler seems to be very similar.

I have also sketched the wiring centre arrangement I am in the process of doing
to complete the system as it is.

The Randal just gives the HW on or combined Heat and HW on together.

I am intending to gain full 2 channel control of the HW and Heat that the specific 2Ch Draytons offer.

If I am right with the additional wire required, then I would also ask that per chance I could opt for the Hive System then all I would then need to do would be be to remove the Room stat wiring i.e. the N to stat, then the other two wire to the stat then link the white/brown from the 3 port directly to CH on on the programmer.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Pics attached of wiring:

Malc

Sponsored Links
Seems logical, although I’m not 100% when it comes to wiring, nice diagrams though (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back