Upgrade imminent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am changing a problamatic glow-warm energysaver 50e(10 years old) and totally C**P Albion thermalstore boiler 10 years old (3rd one)for a Valillant boiler and Ultrasteel stainless steel mains cylinder.

My question is will it be any cheaper on gas than my previous setup.
As a sideline....one of my quotes from a local firm was at my neighbours today and in front of my house on the road is a right mess because they poured a white liquid out of a bucket which has stained the road.SWMBO says not to say anything to owner of company as he lives on my estate so i will not,but i am glad i picked someone else to change my system

Regards
Tally

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gas4you

thanks for your input earlier but my guy said a lot more expensive to put in a unistor and he doesn't give me the impression he's a laptop type of person....(but he employs 7 people so one of them might be) but i trust him.

please use the edit button to add to a post

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to imagine what the "white liquid" might be!

If you are changing from a non condensing boiler to a condensing model then you should expect a reduation of about 12% in the gas consumption.

However, that is eclipsed by the 100% increases in gas supply prices over the last year!

Tony

You don't need a laptop to fit a uniSTOR to a Vaillant ecoTEC boiler.

We've done around 30 of these in the last year, you can set it up on the controller. When we did our first one with WComp, in 2005, there was a software issue and even the Vaillant technical head of support didn't use a laptop. And we were on the phone to the development team in Germany.

uniSTOR is a very nice product and there are significant energy savings in coupling this your Vaillant instead of a conventional cylinder, the most obvious of which is that the boiler knows when it is working on HW and therefore can run in condensing mode for longer on CH.

As I am sure Gas4you will advise, (and if you can handle the complexity of the user manual) a Vaillant 6XX with Weather Comp and uniSTOR represents pretty much the current state of the art. If you want to spend more money and make it absolutely bullet proof Viessmann also do a similar system. In both cases there is an integrated solar option available.

I didn't mean you HAVE to use laptop, I just find it preferable. I would still recommend the all Vaillant set up, for quality, reliability and low running costs.

I don't know anything about Ultrasteel but if they are significantly cheaper than Unistor are they any good?

Perhaps someone else can advice on these ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Gas4you

The Ultrasteel is stainless with 25 year warranty my guy say's he fit a lot of these and has no problems so i think 120ltr high recharge 17 minutes approx £650 how does that compare with unistor?

Thanks for all your input

Tally

I don't understand where your installer is coming from. I sell the Vaillant unistor 125 S (125 litre for £491 + VAT delivered to your door :rolleyes: )

Click HERE

That web site does not mention boiler flues or if flues are included in the price or available as an extra.

Tony

Agile said:
That web site does not mention boiler flues or if flues are included in the price or available as an extra.

Tony

Come on Tony, put your specs on! In all descriptions of boilers it clearly states 'excluding flue' :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back