Upgrading From Sky To Sky +

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know you do not have to pay the £10 to sky for the Sky + anymore but can you purchase the parts private and do it yourself, or do sky have to do it, do they have do do anything their end, or do they have to upgrade your sky card?

Just that it would cost approx £160 to have Sky do it and about half that to do myself!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sky+ requires two LNB feeds to the box so during installation Sky would normally replace your single LNB for a quad one and either run an additional cable or strip out the existing cable and replace it with a dual cable.

Then they give sky a call to pair your new box with the card which enables the recording features. They also do a forced software upgrade of the box which you can do yourself by holding down the backup button on the box while switching it on and then waiting about 10 minutes.

Sky normally charge £60 installation and a new LNB almost costs that much so you are probably best off getting them to do it.

Sky+ requires two LNB feeds to the box so during installation Sky would normally replace your single LNB for a quad one and either run an additional cable or strip out the existing cable and replace it with a dual cable.

Then they give sky a call to pair your new box with the card which enables the recording features. They also do a forced software upgrade of the box which you can do yourself by holding down the backup button on the box while switching it on and then waiting about 10 minutes.

Sky normally charge £60 installation and a new LNB almost costs that much so you are probably best off getting them to do it.

Where do you go to buy stuff ? must be gold plated at that sort of price.
You can get a decent one on Fleabay for a tenner... Delivered to your door...

Sponsored Links
I have a quad LNB you can have for £20 delivered.

Its an thomson one, official Sky i believe. I upgraded to a octo Lnb and have no need for it.

Pm me if you are intrested or require any more help.

I have a quad LNB you can have for £20 delivered.

Its an thomson one, official Sky i believe. I upgraded to a octo Lnb and have no need for it.

Pm me if you are intrested or require any more help.

There you go......£60 ??? Tosh..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back