upstairs radiator leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,quick question.I`ve got a leak on a radiator upstairs (saturday night eh? these things never happen on a tuesday lunchtime)
anyway,I can fix the actual leak no problem,what i need to know is do i have to drain the whole system to do this? or is there a way I can get round this?
cheers.

Sponsored Links
If the leak is "on a radiator", then just shut both valves and wait until Tuesday lunchtime.

Sponsored Links
sorry,should have been a bit more specific.the leak is on the compression fitting between the copper pipe coming in to the radiator and the radiator valve,so shutting off the radiator itself has no effect.
cheers.

You have three options:

1. Drain it.
2. Bung it.
3. Freeze it.

Draining is easiest, but you'll lose any corrosion inhibitor you have in the system.

2. Bung it.

If you have a F+E tank in the loft you could as Softus says... Bung it.

Funny the things that enter your mind on a Saturday night when you've had a shandy or three but... wasn't 'BUNG' the name of the Sergeant played by Harry H Corbett in Carry on Screaming?

EDIT:

Wait a minute... there was a Plumbing theme going on in that one.... Charles Hawtrey played Dan.... Dan Dan the lavatory Man!!!

cheers for your help.looks like I`ll have to drain it then.so much for sunday being a day of rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back