Upstairs radiator not hot but warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had central heating put in January 2012 and I've noticed that one of the radiators is luke warm, not cold but definitely not as hot as the others.

It started with 2 radiators (1 on the landing hall and the other in the loft conversion bedroom). I bled the landing radiator and smelly gas came out before it started spraying water. I tried to do the same with the upstairs radiator and the smelly gas came out for a bit but when it stopped, no water sprayed. I could take out the valve screw and it wouldn't do anything.

Could it be anything to do with when I took off the landing radiator to paint behind it? Could I have opened to the 2 valves up too much? Is there anything I can do as the bedroom is really cold compared to the rest of the house.

Sponsored Links
It would help if you told us what type of system it is.

Turn off the rest of the rads and see if the cold one heats up.
Or it might be an airlock or a blockage.

I just checked our user manual and it's a Worcester Greenstar 24i/28i Junior

All the other rads are hot apart from the top one but now it's hot at the bottom and cold at the top. I've bled it and gas comes out but once that's finished, no water sprays out.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a lack of water, try adding some.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back