Upstairs rads only luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem: Our downstairs radiators get nice and hot but upstairs they're only luke warm and it's been the same since we moved into this house about 15 months ago.

Recently we had a new boiler system fitted (Worcester Greenstar 30si) which I believe is a combi/condensing boiler giving us a sealed system (it has a pressure dial which is set to 1 to 1.5 bar) with no feed and expansion tank. This was fitted primarily because the old boiler was knackered, but it has made no difference to the relative temperatures of the radiators.

I'm not sure of the pipework layout we inherited with the house, but it's probably a bit of a lash-up, it's been a retro fitted in a 30's semi. It seems to be 22mm main feed with micro-bore (10mm?) to the individual rads.

Help! My wife is developing a penchant for winceyette nightwear and bed socks!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
are rads warm at the top cold at the bottom if so
i recommend a powerflush
are they cold at the top warm at the bottom if so
bleed them
luke warm through out if so
blance the system goto fq to find out how

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back