Upstairs taps/showers running hot and cold - downstairs fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a combi boiler setup, Vaillant Ecotec plus 831. The house does not have great flow. If the kitchen sink tap is on, the upstairs taps wont work. If the outside garden hose is on, no taps in the house run. I understand that my supply pipe is lead and in need of change. However, the taps were usable and so was the shower.

After the garden hose, or even the washing mashine is used, I experience spluttering from the upstairs taps and shower. Only for a few seconds before it clears. It happens every time.

In the last few days, the tap and shower upstairs does not maintain its temperature, fluctuating between hot and cold. I notice that the boiler starts to heat the water, then stops before kicking back in.

The kitchen tap downstairs is fine and maintains is temperature. The boiler is in the kitchen.

Any ideas on what I can do to try and rectify?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to sort out your water supply the combi will only run if a minimum flow of water is available, the higher you go in the house the harder the pressure needs to work to feed he taps.
Are you sure your main water stopcock is fully on both in the house and outside in the road/garden?

Thanks, yes both are open fully and unfortunately there is lead. We will look to get the pipe replaced once things settle down. I have also been informed that thet water company have had issues and various others are affected. Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back