UPVC around a wooden door ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a rotting external side-entrance door that was visible from the road.
I have stained and polyurethaned a replacement door to match our rosewood UPVC windows and it looks fine (smugly happy)
I have removed the old wood side architraves and the front facing wood trims.
I was going to replace the architrave and trim with new wood but my wife suggested that we could use UPVC that would match the UPVC windows.

Suitable UPVC does exist but I was wondering if this was an acceptable and practical alternative to wood in this situation ?

Any advice would be very welcome please, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think its the perfect option but unusual to have architrave on the outside doors, was it just some sort of a trim.

It looked identical to internal door architrave - 40mm x 6mm size.
You are correct, it doesn't actually need architrave, that's what happened to be there. It needs to be of a certain thickness to conceal the gap between the door and the jamb

What is the best/proper way to attach the UPVC to the wooden frame, UPVC nails or contact adhesive ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back