UPVC Bubble Gasket and Spring Cassette

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have made a claim on the warranty through iwa that came with my double glazing as the installer has now gone out of business. I have had a terrible draught around the door and the handle wouldn't spring back.

The iwa "engineer" said that the flip type gasket is useless as it has gone flat and is not covered by the warranty as according to the terms of the warranty it needs to be replaced periodically, never knew this.

According to the person who attended I should replace the gasket with a bubble gasket and said that the channel in which the bubble gasket has to fit is 3mm but I haven't found anything on eBay with that size the nearest is 3.8mm.

Can anyone help me in determining which size gasket I need please and what are the differences in the different types.

Same person also told me that the sprung door handle spring cassettes are broken and not covered by the warranty although the actual door gearbox is but he can't tell if the gearbox is faulty until the door handles spring back of their own accord.

He told me to look for a replacement handle with a better spring mechanism than the fitted spring cassettes but I haven't found anything that looks different so I am thinking I might just as well replace the spring cassettes.

Any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back